Thursday, December 8, 2011

Well Now this is Awkward...

Lamar Odam when he thought he was going to be traded
     

      First, CP3 was going to the Lakers, Pau to Houston and Lamar to New Orleans. It was even texted out by ESPN..Yeah that official. Then about an hour later...right after I witnessed the crushing Bruins loss, the league pulled back the trade for "basketball reasons." Again, ESPN texted it out. Confused yet? It's okay so is the rest of the damn country. It all happened so fast some of you probably slept through Paul's career as a laker.
        But, now what? If the trade doesn't get re-worked or anything, then all three players go back to their respective teams. Lamar was upset the most over this, even tweeting "Wow! Talk 2 me people. I couldn't even get the phone call." and "When a team trades u and it doesn't go down? Now what?" He is right, now what? It's going to be an awkward situation.
       Anyway, do why did the league back off the trade? I have two theories:


1. Since the league owns the Hornets, they pulled the plug because they didn't want people to see that they were trying to make LA better. (More conspiracy than anything)


2. They pulled the plug because they were pressured by the owners to not let it go through...this is my personal favorite.


According to sources, the deal fell through because the owners didn't hear about the deal:


NBA spokesman Mike Bass says: "It's not true that the owners killed the deal, the deal was never discussed at the Board of Governors meeting and the league office declined to make the trade for basketball reasons."


I highly doubt that this is the whole truth because it could've been brought out before the official free agency opening tomorrow. I feel that there is another reason why this trade got snipped, but who knows if it'll ever come out. All I can say is, Rondo isn't off the hook yet.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment