![]() |
| Rondo just resting up (From when he was elbowed in the head by Chandler) |
So the lockout didn't fix anything....including Joey Crawford's damn ego. He's still all about making everyone focus on him.
Regardless of the terrible officiating, the reality is the celtics did lose today by two to the Knicks. According to most "experts" this game proves that the Knicks are better and will win the Atlantic Division. I say that's crap. I think that there were a lot of positives to take from this game: Rondo and his aggression, the second half defense, and the play of Brandon Bass is my main focus.
Rondo's stat line was 31 points, 13 assists and 5 steals. Rondo had his normal high assist game, including a mind-blowing pass left from half court. My big plus for him today, however, is the fact that he was aggressive and took his shot when it was open; and made it. Yes, most of his points were lay-ups and free-throws, but his jump shot looked smooth and clean when he took it (Rondo was 11-19 from the field). In the entire first half, he was a one man team as he was doing everything from stealing to scoring.
Besides Rondo making us all RONDOGASM (yes new word), the C's truly stepped up their defense to another level in the second half. The Knicks scored 62 points in the first half, then only to score 44 in the second (only 17 in the third quarter). I consider this to be because of KG and O'Neal. Yes, Jermaine actually made an impact. He was swatting the ball everywhere and getting the right spot in transition. Unlike his usual lard self, he moved well and looked healthy.
Now, the Celtics went fishin' in the shortened training camp, and did they score a big one. Bass finished today's game with 20 points and 11 rebounds. Bass did it all and his hustle was tremendous. In the third quarter run that the C's had, Bass was a big part of the scoring and defensive push. I feel that Bass is going to include this type of performance throughout the season and that trade is going to pay off (Big Baby didn't even start today!).
Another thing I wanted to touch on was the Paul Pierce situation. In my opinion, if Pierce plays, then the C's win this game no problem. Think about it. If Pierce plays, he's playing Defense on Melo, not Marquis (who did have a solid day). That would put more pressure on Melo and probably take some points off the stat sheet. If he plays, he takes that shot at the end from the corner for the win, not Marquis.
I have no disrespect for Daniels, but he is not a pressure situation player. He doesn't have the experience late in games like Pierce. Pierce has ice in his veins, all he does is knock down those shots. He buit a complete career around it. Having this all thought and said, Doc still puts it on the players on the floor, and quietly on the refs:
“Fourth-quarter technicals on our team are not allowed,’’ Rivers said. “That being said, the game has to be about the players. All right? I mean, c’mon. I thought both teams were complaining just the same, and we got the two techs. The game has to be about the players on the floor. That’s it.”
This just speaks it all, Doc was not happy with the game...and the refs? Also SHAQ had a few things to say via twitter about Joey Crawford's "performance."
Right? THIS IS WHY I LOVE SHAQ!
Oh here is Rondo's pass I was talking about....RONDOGASM!


No comments:
Post a Comment