Monday, April 2, 2012

Should Bradley Stay A Starter Once Ray Returns?

Celtics Win Fifth Straight with Rondo Triple Double 




This picture is the straight truth. With a blowout 91-72 win over baby bron bron and the Heat, the Celtics have increased their Atlantic Division to once game. More importantly, they are sitting in the four seed right now and, if the playoffs started today, would not be facing Miami. Out of all this, the key player has to be Avery Bradley (honey-badger I like to call him). Now, I have had my doubts about Bradley, but seeing him play this consistant with the starters has changed my mind. I think, along with my roommate Richard "Bubba" Wilson, he should stay in the rotation when Ray returns. I have two main reasons for this.

1. When Ray has been playing, he is barely getting any touches. The defense knows it's going to go to him, they block him out, and then we get it to KG who has been on fire of late. I feel that honey badge (Bradley) has been on a tare with the starters. He seems to elevate his game when running the floor with Rondo (then again who doesn't). It seems a bit ridiculous to bench the best 3-pt shooter of all time when he returns, but that leads to my next point.

2. Imagine Ray playing with the bench. It's no secret the C's don't have the best bench in the league. However, they have been playing strong on this win streak. Without Pietrus, Allen would give the bench that much need shooter to spread the floor. Even if he is just a distraction, the other team's benches would have to cover him tight, which would leave the other four Celtic players open. If they do not cover Ray...well we all know what can happen. I think that Ray would get more looks/open looks coming off the bench. Also, why screw with something that is clearly working right now. We need all the momentum we can get. Heck Ray is even okay with being bumped down:

“If it makes us better offensively, I have no problem with it,” Allen said (redsarmy.com)

So all-in-all, I do feel that the Celtics have a good chance to hold this Atlantic lead and stay at the four seed. No matter what seed, I do feel that the Celtics are getting hot at the right time. If I were Miami and Chicago, I would hope the Celtics don't drop back down to 7th or 8th either.

HONEY BADGE 2012  




No comments:

Post a Comment