Sunday, January 15, 2012

Tough Stretch is Only Going to Get Tougher




     So, the Celtics have not had the best season so far, and it is not going to get easier come Monday night. The Celtics are set to host the Oklahoma City Thunder at the garden, marking the return of Kendrick Perkins. I'll touch on Perk in a minute but there are a few other things I need to say first.
     Pierce is struggling, and I believe it's due to his not 100% heel. Paul has not been Paul since his return and he is showing his age not being able to play well through this injury. So for you folks who say Pierce isn't going to get better, calm down. He will get healthy and return to being "the Truth." No, he will never be the old Pierce, but he will still be that clutch shot we need to win big games.
     Also, I am worried. Most fans try to say that it'll get better, but it isn't looking pretty for gang green. The starters are not producing, except for Rondo (and Ray at some points), and the lack of no definitive big man is beginning to really really hurt the team. Yes, Bass has produced, but he is not the answer to the team's big man problems. Unfortunately, the only short term answer I see is wearing an OKC jersey (Yeah I went there). I think Stiemsma does have potential, but Doc wont give him a shot over O'neal and Bass. The Celtics are not showing much potential, and I have not lost complete faith yet, but they need to turn it around soon. They have had a tendency to start games slow and then are screwed and can't turn it on to come all the way back. A prime example is the Bulls game. They got down by over 20 at the half, then they turned it around in the third and got within 1. Then, they let another game slip out of their old, yet seasoned hands.
       So now, on to Perk. Man do I miss that man. When I found out that he was being traded, I think I actually shed a bit of a tear. The idea that Danny Ainge traded our future away for, now essentially no one, was just obnoxious to me. Yes, we still have Jeff Green, but I don't see that being worth Perk. He is a force down low, and was our certified Dwight Howard stopper. I think that if he stays, we have a much better shot last year against the Heat. There was no reason to trade him. With that said, Perk returns to the Garden for the first time tomorrow night with OKC. I will be there, and I can say it will hurt a bit inside. The only thing I hope is that Eddie Palladino announces his name with a little luster, instead of a normal road player introduction. Perk will get a standing ovation and there is no question about it. Perk we all miss you:




oh and here is a word from Doc "Perk's a  Celtic...."


http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jgX1l-RSp6M

No comments:

Post a Comment