Sunday, November 27, 2011

Basketballlll!




Man has it been a crazy semester so I apologize for not blogging as much as I could have. But enough of the sappy stuff..lets talk...yes it's true...CELTICS!!

        The NBA and its players have reached a tentative agreement to start the season on Dec. 25TH, Christmas Day, with free agency and training camp beginning on December 9TH. This gives little time for the free agency period and in case you missed it, the C's are in need of some bodies. As of now, the roster is filled with the big 4, Jermaine O'Neal, and Avery Bradley. We can assume that Jeff Green will be resigned along with the two rookies JaJuan Johnson and E'Twaun Moore.
         Now, my main concern, like most, is the Center position. Since we no longer have...well you know...and with Shaq's retirement we are left with half a body in Jermaine. Even with a short 66 game schedule, he will not be able to last an entire season. Danny needs to get someone to back him up, but also be capable of starting if anything was to happen. Tyson Chandler, Jason Collins, and Samuel Dalembert are the top 3 free agents for me. I like Chandler the most because he is a proven veteran, coming of a title with Dallas, who can come in and get the job done. He shot 58.2% from the field in the playoffs with an 8 point average. 
         If we were going to go and get a PF, my list would consist of Glen Davis (yes he's a free agent) Leon Powe, Joe Smith and Andre Kirilenko. If we were to sign one of these I'd choose Leon. He knows the system, good friends with the team, and can play the power forward and center position. I know what you're thinking, why not Baby? He is a good choice, but I would like to see them maybe sign and trade him to possibly get another big man or a backup for Rondo besides Bradley (if not Delonte). 

Either way it's good be talking about this again and you will be hearing from me soon for what Danny does. For now I'll leave you with "UBUNTU" and this: 


and this...

HAPPY BASKETBALL      

  

No comments:

Post a Comment